Search Fancy-free Crafts Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Felt fortune cookies

I made these adorable felt fortune cookies as small New Year presents for my co-workers. There was some general confusion as to what exactly they were, but the boss really liked it - especially as his fortune said the company would outperform this year....


I followed the instructions on MarthaStewart.com, but with one small adjustment. I sandwiched the piece of wire between two circles of felt. This gave the cookies more heft and there was no exposed wire or ribbon.

This makes a great work present because everyone is guaranteed to receive a good fortune! My favorite was when one coworker (with a well developed sweet tooth) opened her cookie and read out loud, "By getting lost, you will find something wonderful. And square." She thought for a minute and yelled, "Chocolate!"

I like my fortunes quirky, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment