Search Fancy-free Crafts Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Denim coaster - Pinterest test


I had a few pairs of jeans lying around with holes in unsavory places that I just couldn't donate to the thrift store. So I did what any crafter would do and turned to Pinterest for some suggestions.


I loved the idea of recycling old jean hems into coasters. I cut up off the hems from two pairs of jeans and hot glued them into as nice coil, as per the Pinterest instructions.


I mean, it was an easy craft and looks nice....except it's not wide enough to fit my standard work coffee mug and the darn hems are so tall it makes the cup wobbly. None of the tutorials said how tall (vertically) the finished coaster should be.

Also two pairs of jeans didn't even make one measly coaster.

Fail. I think this will have to be a redo.

No comments:

Post a Comment